So, all set to tone up your body? Finally decided to take up a weight lifting or strength program but wondering what you have to do? It happens for once with everyone in their lifetime. So, there is no need to get tensed or confused. Just follow up the simple instructions and tips mentioned below which will give you the complete guideline as to how to plan your workout program.
Tips to take a perfect start
- The first and the most important tip before starting your workout plan is to warm up yourself. Taking a start before warm up will exhaust you out immediately.
- Do not get too excited or too embarrassed to grab on to the heavy weights at the first place. Expecting it to make you toned up quickly is simply out of the question. Take a start with the lighter ones and workout to your capacity. Directly trying to work on heavy weights or exerting yourself will be harmful. It can cause a severe lifelong injury.
- You need to play the safe game and avoid using weights more than your capabilities. If you can do 30 reps with a certain weight, you can increase it. But always remember that the increasing rate should not be more than 5% each time.
- Going too fast or quickly through repetitions is not going to do any good to you. It is highly advised to go slow and in a controlled manner which will increase force and less tissue trauma.
- When it comes to your joints, you need to be very careful. Remember if you are not used to heavy weights or if you have never lifted weights in your life, just go up to the limit what your joints ask for.
- Resting in between is highly recommended which is said to be 30 – 90 seconds. Not taking any rest or taking rest for too long, both is going to kill out your work plan.
Etiquette rules for lifting
- Do not forget to bring a towel along and be kind enough to clean the equipment you use.
- Place back all the weights or dumbbells you use.
- Do not use a machine for a longer period that it makes the rest of the people waiting to get it freed. You can work in with them in sets if it is possible
- Most importantly, kindly leave your cell phones in your car or lockers. There is nothing more irritating to listen to your conversation grudgingly.
Important Training tips
Check out the following pointers to take effective tips for a better start of your new training program
- Keep yourself hydrated. Be sure to drink minimum 8-10 glasses of water daily
- Eat small balanced diet comprising proteins and carbohydrates 30 – 60 minutes before the workout and 60 min after you are done.
- If you want to perform cardio work for weight loss, then it is always advised to do it after you get trained with weights.
- Make a chart and keep a record of what you do on the daily basis which will help you to know about your progress.